Tuesday, November 9, 2010

October went by WAY to fast!

Our busy October began for our family with Ian's classroom's program, Symbols of Nevada.


Ian and his friends were really glad to get one more day's use out of our pool!


Ian's Webelos Den went to the Springs Preserve to work on their Forester Badge.


Cesira and I were able to join our Co-op family for the Harvest Festival, and Cesira was very happy to use her favorite tire swing one more time.

A day's trip to Red Rock with Cesira's classroom was an added advantage, eventhough the rains came.

There's nothing like going with friends to pick out pumpkins!

And, watch what happens to these pumpkins Ian picked out that morning:

"Best Halloween Theme", 4th grade.

Cesira liked Ian's idea so much that she wanted to do the same with some pre-stacked pumpkins from Michael's.

"Funniest" in 2nd grade.

Instead of buying a Halloween Bingo game, I decided to try out my creative juices by making a game. I'd love to toot my own horn, because I think it turned out great! In fact, it was well liked, because 2 of the game cards disappeared before I collected them from the tables.






Just a quick picture of the Halloween Party in Cesira's classroom. My co-room mom rocks when it comes to decorating the room!


Both kids swam in the Pumpkin Man Swim Meet that our swim team hosts. This was Cesira's first "big" swim meet. She surprised me by the fact that she was nervous. Both kids swam well, and Ian was very excited to qualify for the Nevada State Swim Meet. He's been trying to encourage Cesira to qualify, too.



After the kids swam, their next event was trick-or-treating. We had fun with the Jacobson family, and look forward to next year!




October seems to be a very busy month for our family.

1 comment:

  1. Great photos- I agree Oct went by WAY too fast!

    That photo of Ian in swim meet is fantastic! Great catch!

    ReplyDelete