Thursday, July 22, 2010

Time to check those goals.

Tonight while I couldn't sleep, I took a look at my goals for this year:

1. Get back to my blog.
Well, I haven't had any additions since February. I have one ready to go (and another in the works), I just need to add pictures before posting.

2. Make my part of the 'play room' more presentable and USE IT!
I've organized it a couple times since January, and it keeps getting messy...I have used it, but need to clean it soon so we can use it a couple times before school starts in a month.

3. See my friends.
I've been able to make time to see friends, even friends from Indiana! I was hoping to get friends from Las Vegas to meet up with my friends from Indiana, but it just didn't work out.

4. Spread out my 'to do' list.
I've been quite relaxed when it's come to my to do list, at least this summer. It's so hot right now that I don't want to leave the house unless I absolutely have to!

5. Be consistent with my menu planning.
I did great with menus until Summer started. We were gone a lot at the beginning, so I didn't plan a whole week's worth, but I am getting back into the swing of things this week.

6. Get back to doing something for Shari.
I was doing well with this for a while, but then the school year ended and it's been very, very hot. I've been pretty sad for most of the year, and I can't wait to get out of this rut.

7. Help my kids.
I came to the conclusion that my kids are just too young to sit at their desks to do their homework on their own, and they wanted to be with me after school. So, we sat at the kitchen table to get their homework done. Their school year ended on a good note, and Ian made it on the 'A' honor roll for the 4th quarter. He was very excited and plans to be on it from here on out!

8. Spend more time getting to know our neighbors.
This has been fun for me. I've enjoyed being in one of the neighborhood BUNCO groups, and have even gone out for dinner with some of them. I have also made more of an effort to get to know more swim team parents.

9. Keep up with the housework.
The best way to keep up with the housework during the summer is to enlist the short people that live in it. We take an hour to work on a floor, or sometimes their bedrooms, and then we can have some fun. Their 'No Nagging' boards have had a break over the summer.

10. Family.
I'm very fortunate to have the family that I have - meaning my parents, in-laws, brothers, sister-in-laws, nephews and nieces. But, I'm still not the best at talking with everyone, and that can be improved.

They're all a work in progress, and I'm happy with that.

2 comments:

  1. great list Shari! Sharing the CSA with you will be fun and will give us a weekly excuse to talk food! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you are doing well with goals! Just the fact that you check on them is better than me.

    ReplyDelete